GARDOTEST PROCEDURE 125
Titration of Alkaline Oakite, Ardrox or Chemetall Products with 0.10 N Acid Using Bromocresol Green
A test kit is available for this titration procedure (see below) or supplies can be ordered individually
Complete Test Kit Part Number: OKT9205-125 (or 45218512)
|Solution-Item||Item||Amount||Part Number||BASF Number|
|Gardotest Indicator 2||Phenolphthalein||30 mL||OKT-2246-G||50560520|
|Gardotest Indicator 9||Bromocresol Green||30 mL||OKT-2207-G||50560517|
|Gardotest Indicator 193||Methyl Red||30 mL||OKT-2292-G||50560526|
|Gardotest Solution 45||0.10 N Hydrochloric Acid||120 mL||OKT-6131-J||50560590|
|Gardotest Solution 57||1.0 N Hydrochloric Acid||120 mL||OKT-6130-J||50560585|
|Direct Reading Titrator||0 – 1.0 mL||1||OKT-0376||45218351|
|Gardotest Solution 218||10.% Sodium Hydroxide||250 mL||OKT-6564-K||50560629|
|Plastic Dropper||Marked at 1 mL||1||OKT-0354||45218350|
|Titration Tube||Marked at 5.0 to 25 mL, with cap||1||OKT-0649||00000000|
Refer to the product specific technical information sheet for the appropriate sample size and multiplying factor F or ask your technical sales representative
1. Using the 1 mL plastic dropper, pipette the appropriate sample volume of bath sample into the empty titration tube. Add water to this solution until the volume is at least 5.0 mL, mark. For 5.0 and 10. mL sample volumes, use the graduation mark on the titration tube and no water need to be added.
2. Add 1 or 2 drops of Gardotest Indicator 9. Swirl to mix. The color will be blue. Place the cap on the titration tube.
3. Fill the direct reading titrator to the zero mark with Gardotest Solution 45.
4. Titrate with Gardotest solution 45 by inserting the tip of titrator into the hole of titration tube cap. Slowly dispense the solution while swirling gently. When the color of the sample changes from blue to a distinct yellow, stop the titration. Record mL of titrant used. Call this Titration T. This completes the analysis.
5. If the calculation is required , use the equation below to calculate concentration. If no calculation required , report mL of titrant used.
TF = vol % (or oz/gal) of respective BASF Chemetall Americas product.
T is the number of milliliters used of the titrant to reach the end or equivalence point.
Simply multiplying the milliliters of the titrant used to reach your equivalence point by the factor provided in the respective technical data for the respective product will give you your volume percent of the respective product in solution.
SUGGESTION OF OTHER PRODUCTS YOUR COMPANY MAY USE
• RUST PREVENTIVES
• METALWORKING FLUIDS (coolants and lubricants)
• WASTE WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS
• FLOOR CLEANERS AND MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS
• PROCESS EQUIPMENT/CONTROL SYSTEMS
DISTRIBUTED BY NALTIC INDUSTRIALS AN AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA
Chemetall US, Inc. (“Chemetall”) warrants that products described within its official technical papers will conform with its published specifications. The products supplied by Chemetall and information related to them are intended for use by buyers having necessary industrial skill and knowledge. Buyers should undertake sufficient verification and testing to determine the suitability of the Chemetall materials for their own purpose. Since buyer’s conditions of use of products are beyond Chemetall’s control, Chemetall does not warrant any recommendations and information for the use of such products.
CHEMETALL DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ITS PRODUCTS.
Please contact us directly for a complete and official Chemetall Technical Data Sheet and/or MSDS in PDF.