GARDOTEST PROCEDURE 25
Titration of Chemetall Americas non-Chromated Deoxidizers (ferric iron concentration)
A test kit is available for this titration procedure (see below) or supplies can be ordered individually
Complete Test Kit Part Number: OKT9605-85 (or 45218520)
|Solution-Item||Item||Amount||Part Number||BASF Number|
|Gardotest Indicator 195||10% Sulfosalicylic Acid||60 mL||OKT-9646-H||50562418|
|Gardotest Solution 90||0.10 M Disodium EDTA||250 mL||OKT-9656-K||50560654|
|Sample bottle||Glass||120 mL||OKT-9688||45218459|
|Pipettete, Full Calibration||0 – 5.0 mL||1||OKT-9677||45218454|
|Dropper, Glass||5.0 mL||1||OKT-9685||45218454|
Refer to the product specific technical information sheet for the appropriate sample size and multiplying factor F or ask your technical sales representative
1. Fill the 120 mL sample bottle about half full with tap water. Next, using the 5 mL dropper, measure out appropriate sample volume of the product and add this to the water in the bottle.
2. Add 30 to 40 drops (1.5-2.0 mL) of Gardotest Indicator 195 to the bottle. Swirl to mix. The color will turn dark reddish purple.
3. Fill the 5 ml. pipette exactly to the zero mark with Gardotest Solution 90, and add this to the mixture in the bottle, a few drops at a time with swirling between additions, until the red color changes to yellow.
4. Record the number of mL used. Call this Titration T. This completes the analysis.
5. If the calculation is required, use the equation below to calculate concentration. If no calculation required, report mL of titrant used.
TF = vol % (or oz/gal) of respective BASF Chemetall Americas product.
T is the number of milliliters used of the titrant to reach the end or equivalence point.
SUGGESTION OF OTHER PRODUCTS YOUR COMPANY MAY USE
• RUST PREVENTIVES
• METALWORKING FLUIDS (coolants and lubricants)
• WASTE WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS
• FLOOR CLEANERS AND MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS
• PROCESS EQUIPMENT/CONTROL SYSTEMS
DISTRIBUTED BY NALTIC INDUSTRIALS AN AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA
Chemetall US, Inc. (“Chemetall”) warrants that products described within its official technical papers will conform with its published specifications. The products supplied by Chemetall and information related to them are intended for use by buyers having necessary industrial skill and knowledge. Buyers should undertake sufficient verification and testing to determine the suitability of the Chemetall materials for their own purpose. Since buyer’s conditions of use of products are beyond Chemetall’s control, Chemetall does not warrant any recommendations and information for the use of such products.
CHEMETALL DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ITS PRODUCTS.
Please contact us directly for a complete and official Chemetall Technical Data Sheet and/or MSDS in PDF.