GARDOTEST PROCEDURE 92
TITRATION OF CHEMETALL AMERICAS ALKALINE PRODUCTS WITH 1.0 N ACID
A Product of Chemetall US Inc. now part of BASFA test kit is available for this titration procedure (see below) or supplies can be ordered individually
Complete Test Kit Part Number: OKT9697-90
|Gardotest Indicator 2, Phenolphthalein
|Gardotest Solution 57, 1.0 N Hydrochloric Acid
|Sample Bottle marked at 10, 25, 50, 100 mL
|Pipette, Direct Read, 0 – 5.0 mL
Refer to the product specific technical information sheet for the appropriate sample size and multiplying factor F or ask your technical sales representative.
1. Using either the graduation marks on a sample bottle or a calibrated pipette, measure out the correct sample volume for the product to be titrated. If the sample volume is under 50 mL, add sufficient water to fill the bottle about half full.
2. Add 5 drops of Gardotest Indicator 2 and swirl to mix. The color will be red.
3. Fill a clean calibrated pipette exactly to the zero mark with Gardotest Solution 57 and add this to the mixture in the bottle, a few drops at a time with swirling between additions, until the red color disappears completely.
4. Record the number of milliliters used. Call this Titration T. This completes the analysis.
TF = vol % (or oz/gal) of respective BASF Chemetall Americas product.
T is the number of milliliters used of the titrant to reach the end or equivalence point.
Simply multiplying the milliliters of the titrant used to reach your equivalence point by the factor provided in the respective technical data for the respective product will give you your volume percent of the respective product in solution.
SUGGESTION OF OTHER PRODUCTS YOUR COMPANY MAY USE
• RUST PREVENTIVES
• METALWORKING FLUIDS (coolants and lubricants)
• WASTE WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS
• FLOOR CLEANERS AND MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS
• PROCESS EQUIPMENT/CONTROL SYSTEMS
DISTRIBUTED BY NALTIC INDUSTRIALS AN AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA
Chemetall US, Inc. (“Chemetall”) warrants that products described within its official technical papers will conform with its published specifications. The products supplied by Chemetall and information related to them are intended for use by buyers having necessary industrial skill and knowledge. Buyers should undertake sufficient verification and testing to determine the suitability of the Chemetall materials for their own purpose. Since buyer’s conditions of use of products are beyond Chemetall’s control, Chemetall does not warrant any recommendations and information for the use of such products.
CHEMETALL DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ITS PRODUCTS.
Please contact us directly for a complete and official Chemetall Technical Data Sheet and/or MSDS in PDF.